Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Opinions on this system...

  1. #1
    JustinShotte
    Guest JustinShotte's Avatar

    Question

    Hello, I'm finally putting down the cash for a new dedicated system for some good old fashioned non-linear editing. I'm completely new to this whole scene, so I'm looking for some input. This is the system I'll be purchasing...

    Power Mac G4
    - 933mhz
    - 512MB RAM DIMM
    - 60GB hard drive
    - NVIDIA graphics card (mid level one, not the platinum)
    - Superdrive
    - Apple Pro Speakers
    - Apple Pro Keyboard - US
    - 22" flat panel cinema display
    - Final Cut Pro 3 Academic

    Is this plenty to get the job done? For the moment, I'm only going to be working on shorts and such, so drive space isn't too much of an issue. What I'm wondering is if you think this system will be fast enough to do some real time editing and make for some killer films. With a rebate, it's going to run me about $4500US. Thanks!

    ------------------
    C?mshott? - Florida Grindcore

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    are you mad?
    of course this is good enough to make short videos on.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    JustinShotte
    Guest JustinShotte's Avatar

    Exclamation

    Of course I'm mad - I want to be an independent filmmaker! Anyway, I'll eventually be kicking it up a notch and working on some longer stuff and possibly even a feature-length film. Theoretically, by then I will have a larger drive and some more RAM, but I'm just hoping that this system will be fast enough for what I'm doing now. I'm just not really familiar with FCP or anything, so I don't know how bandwidth-intensive it is. I'll probably also be doing some Photoshop crap on there too, but I'm sure that'll be no sweat. Alright, thanks! Any more opinions?

    ------------------
    C?mshott? - Florida Grindcore

  4. #4
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    get more RAM,that would be my advice.

    ------------------
    MACHEAD
    I've only got one button on my mouse,what does that mean?

  5. #5
    charliemyerz
    Guest charliemyerz's Avatar

    Post

    get a cd burner

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •